Convinced that the Muslims of the world are in a breeding frenzy, someone has circulated a video encouraging Christians to have as many babies as possible in order to “keep up.”
No. No. No.
Christians are not required to engage in bio-sociological warfare by raising “Christian” children to combat the social movements of other religions. It’s not Biblical and it’s dumb.
Furthermore, the claims made in that video are simply false. For example, the video tells us that in France the average birth rate is 1.8 – but for Muslims the birth rate is 8.1. This is intended to scare you into picturing a not-to-distant future in which France is entirely Muslim – but these claims are easily dismissed. Nobody in France tracks birth rates by religion, and, according to the BBC:
…no country on Earth has such a high fertility rate, and in Algeria and Morocco, the two nations which send the largest Muslim immigrants to France, the fertility rate is 2.38, according to the UN’s 2008 figures…
Someone is not doing their homework. Instead they are spreading lies and hatered, and they probably believe that they are doing the work of the Lord in the process. They are not. It is also important to note that actual demographers have been noticing a decline in birthrates of Muslim women in Europe which is the opposite of what this video claims.
Here’s a few points for whoever promotes this video:
- The Bible never urges demographical dominance. Jesus didn’t ask the disciples to breed in order to expand the Kingdom of God. Such sociological warfare is not founded in scripture but in hatred and bigotry.
- Shame on you for not loving every child of the world. Shame on you for insinuating that Muslim babies are a “problem.” They aren’t. Muslim babies, just like all other children, are precious is His sight. You were supposed to learn that one in Sunday School.
- It is the duty of a Christian to glorify God – not to overwhelm other faiths. We do not evangelize by force. You would do better to promote a video that displays God’s love than one that displays your own anti-Muslim views. Sharing His love with others is how we do God’s work and there is no hint of that Love in this video.
- It’s none of your business how many children other people have. (Also, do you GO to church? The church attenders I know have more kids than any of their neighbors. If having kids is the right thing to do than Christian communities must have already learned this one.)
- Get your facts straight – this video is a laughing stock.
You can watch the video and read some relevant facts at Snopes. Remember, Jesus loves these children.
(More articles at www.ThinkingThroughChristianity.com)